Lots of people are into vouchers right now, amongst the famous are Deal Grocers, Buyanihan, Beeconomic and Ensogo.
So, what's the secret behind these discounted deals?
Before I start narrating my experience, just a caveat, I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
Originally, the title for this post is “Fooled by Ensogo”, but it may be too harsh so I changed it. Plus, can they sue me? Well, let’s see. I have my facts.
My friends found the deal vouchers for Subic stating:
” Only 2470/pax (group of 4) for a Deluxe Room Accommodation with Breakfast and Dinner per night at Subic International Hotel with a Treetop Adventure Package (valued at P19,760) “
Here are the inclusions:
• Enjoy a 2-days/1-night accommodation for four in Subic International Hotel’s Deluxe room, with an Ultimate Adventure package.
• Accommodation and activities included in the package:
• 4 sets of Breakfast
• 4 sets of Dinner
• Welcome Drink upon arrival for 4
• Tree top adventure for 4 persons
• Ultimate adventure for 4 persons
• Canopy Walk for 4 persons
• Tree-drop adventure for 4 persons
• Free use of swimming pool and sauna
• Free use of gym
• All guest rooms are well-appointed and air-conditioned.
• Subic International Hotel is a 4-star business hotel situated at the central business District of Subic Bay Freeport Zone, with an enviable location—about 15 minutes away from the Subic Bay Airport, 5 minutes away from Alava Pier, and 45 minutes away from Clark International Airport.
Studying law during undergrad, I know that advertisement such as this is acceptable, but the actual deal S*CKS! Hahaha! The actual cost NOT the discounted is more or less around 10k.
See my breakdown below: I exaggerated these amounts na.
Overnight accommodation at a crappy deluxe room: 3k+ or just 4,000
Welcome drinks: 100*4 = 400
Breakfast: 300*4 = 1,200
Dinner: 350*4 = 1,400
Tree Top Adventure package E: 620*4 = 2,480
TOTAL : 9,480
So we just basically pay for this amount, no discount or promos at all.
We were not also informed that there are two Subic International Hotel old and new, but okay, let’s not blame our ignorance to them. Of course we were booked at the old one.
The accommodation is sooo bad… take a look at the pictures. The red comforter/bed sheet feels like you are in a casket. The room does not smell good. Who rate this as a 4-star hotel?!
I could do with the room, but my friends can’t. So we asked if we can transfer to the new building. Transferring to the new building will mean upgrading our room which entails additional cost. So we paid, P2.5k for the upgrade in a SUPER MUCH NICER room.
Take a look at the big difference.
This may be the 4 star hotel they are talking about!
We also thought that we can go swimming at night, but NO! Aside from the
pool is only located at the new building but can be used to those who are staying at the old one. The pool only operated from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, can you actually believe that? Hahaha! Wala atang light sa pool so night swimming are not allowed.
The food is ok, but our dinner without drinks was still served at the old hotel. For our breakfast, since we upgrade we also had our breakfast at the new hotel.
Tips to avoid being fooled by vouchers:
1. Scrutinize the inclusions
2. Research and compare for the actual price of the accommodation/tour.
3. Check the picture of the rooms and the tour package activities/inclusions
4. DO NOT BE IMPULSIVE
Since we stayed in the new hotel, we had a great time but the vouchers had been useless. And we just spend more than we should if we just made our reservations on our own in a nice hotel and bought the tour/activity ticket on the actual venue.
Bute nlang I super enjoyed my tree top adventure! :)
Will post it soon! Hirap ng walang laptop! C Gab kc! Argh!